Andy has played sax at a number of weddings that include a wide range of ethnicity, culture and faith. Naturally he has performed at many white and mixed British weddings but also at many Hindu, Sikh, Caribbean and Jewish too. He has been first choice wedding saxophone player at many well-known venues up and down the UK and occasionally the odd international wedding too.
Wedding saxophone player
The saxophone is a very unique and expressive instrument which makes it appealing to a lot of people from all corners of society, culture and faith. Andy often refers to it as being like a song without words as it can offer a very vocal, emotive and dynamic sound. It is therefore very much suited to every stage of a wedding, right from the very start of the ceremony through to the very end of the celebration.
Andy has played saxophone at lots of ceremonies in many different ways. He has played before, during and after the bride walks the aisle. Sometimes at the very front but then others more discreetly at the back or out of sight on a balcony area. Andy is happy to learn special requests and play either solo or with suitable backing track accompaniment for this part of the day. He was once asked to play a solo rendition of the wedding march on his saxophone.
Andy often plays sax for a drinks reception or during a wedding breakfast with his backing track accompaniment, saxophone can often be the perfect choice for instrumental wedding music. All of Andy’s backing tracks are of high quality and mostly sound just like the original recordings. Take a look at his sax and backing tracks page for more info.
Andy offers a diverse range of styles including classic pop, soul, reggae, R&B, disco, house, Latin and jazz. Take a look at the sample backing track playlist below. Andy is flexible and can make any of these eight genres the predominant style throughout his performance.
Sample backing track list:
- Ordinary People & All Of Me – John Legend
- Cantaloupe Island – Herbie Hancock
- Is This Love – Bob Marley
- Sweet Love – Anita Baker
- Easy – The Commodores
- Girl From Ipanema – Astrud Gilberto
- Song From My Father – Horace Silver
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Family Affair – Mary J Blige
- You Rock My World – Michael Jackson
- Kingston Town – UB40
- Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
- Give Me The Night – George Benson
- Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
- Sing It Back – Moloko
- Jubel – Klingande
Andy will often play just one straight set between 30-60 minutes long, but some people want an extended performance which is where Andy can offer up to two 45-minute sets with a 30-minute break. Some people book Andy for just one or two songs e.g. a special request at the ceremony or first dance at the reception.
Andy regularly plays with the DJ later on in the evening, typically two 45-minute sets between 9.30pm and midnight after the very last serving of food or main live band performance finishes. It’s a great way of getting the party started and/or keeping interest and excitement amongst your guests right up until the very end of the night.
Absolutely. Andy has often learnt songs specifically requested by the couple for the ceremony, bride and groom reception entrance and first dance.
Andy has some great playlists on his iPhone that he can play before and after (and in between) his set(s) for continuity and to keep the right mood and energy flowing.
Andy can provide 2 speakers (suitable for up to 200 guests) to amplify his backing tracks along with all the rest of the necessary equipment needed for his performance including a radio microphone, mixer and cables.
Andy has played sax at plenty of well-known UK wedding venues and hotels including:
- Sunbeam Studios and Hilton Metropole – London
- The Old Kent Barn – Dover
- Carbis Bay – St Ives
West Midlands and surrounding regions
- Hampton Manor, Nuthurst Grange Country House & Hotel and The Limes Country Lodge Hotel – Solihull
- Moxhull Hall – Sutton Coldfield
- Shustoke Barn – Coleshill
- Redhouse Barn – Bromsgrove
- Swinfen Hall – Lichfield
- Hopton Hall – Kidderminster
- Chateau Impney Hotel – Droitwich
- Hilton Hall – Wolverhampton
- Fazeley Studios – Birmingham
- Nailcote Hall and Coombe Abbey Hotel – Coventry
- De Vere Tortworth Court – Gloucestershire
- Blackwell Grange Barn, Baraset Barn, Compton Verney and Sherbourne Farm – Warwickshire
- Dewsell Court – Herefordshire
- Yoxall Lodge – Staffordshire
- Chetwynd Deer Park and Hadley Park House Hotel – Shropshire
- The Mill Barns – Bridgnorth
- Dodford Manor and Fawsley Hall – Northamptonshire
- Alrewas Hayes and The West Mill – Derbyshire
- Keythorpe Manor and The Empire Hall – Leicester
- Titanic Hotel with DJ legend John Kelly – Liverpool
- Wrenbury Hall – Cheshire
- Old Walls Gower – Swansea
Fun and engaging wedding entertainment
Andy is a regular wedding sax player at premium hotels and wedding venues across the UK.
He has a reputation for being one of the most entertaining and engaging performers in his field.
Saxophone player for international and celebrity weddings
Andy played sax with a DJ for Elliot and Sadie Wright’s (from TOWIE) wedding reception at Addington Palace in Croydon. Andy also performed for Michael & Rachel Kightly’s wedding reception party (ex pro footballer) at Casta Diva Resort, Lake Como, Italy with Rue Jay, the guests were begging for more DJ and saxophone when the wedding party had to stop at midnight!
Andy performed at a wedding reception weekend at Domaine de Fontenille, Lauris in the Provence region of France. Andy played saxophone during the wedding ceremony whilst the bride and bridesmaids walked down the aisle and for the post ceremony drinks reception on the outdoor terrace. He also played sax along to his backing track accompaniment for their BBQ pool party the day after the wedding.
Andy played for a decadent engagement party at ITC Maurya, a luxury hotel in New Delhi, India April 2010. The couple hired out the whole hotel for the weekend and had different themes in different halls and rooms. Andy played at a white party in a London style club room with a DJ, singer and percussionist, the most amount of flower arrangements Andy has ever seen!